Friday, September 30, 2011

H& M Process Part 4



As the details begin to come together, I start adding some tonals to the piece to fill out the form. In this case, I have moved to an H pencil which is slightly darker than the 2H. Hence the bottom left is fading out in the scan. I have no particular mode of finishing but often I will start at top leftish and continue down if I have the foresight to do so. That's because I'm righthanded and I will tend to smudge with my palm if I don't do so. Of course, I also turn the page all the time so this will minimize some of the unwanted smudgings. i probably should have finished the foreground figure as well in retrospect. You can see I've left out a lot of the top girl as I'm not sure yet how the textures of the bottom girl will overlap. This piece is close to done at this point, one more session with the bottom figure and then some slight tweaks.

No comments: