Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cintiq




So I got finally got a Cintiq. I was monitoring the pricing on Futureshop for the last 6 months. It was 2100 in December, then went up to 2500 in January and just this month was 2800. (Futureshop is Canada's version of Best Buy) . I attribute it to the depreciation of the Canadian dollar in recent months. On the one hand products are increasing in price and on the other, most of my paychecks are from the US so more money for me when i exchange. Well, instead of waiting for it to rise even further I found a place that was still selling it for just under 24oo CAD and got one. It's really pretty awesome if you've done painting or whatnot in the past. Takes a bit of adjustment but it's so much more awesome than using a mouse or regular tablet. I hope to do a lot more digital paintings, although I think most of my finished pencil stuff will still be on paper. I think it works better for more finished pencil stuff to be done on paper first and then brought into the computer for color. Although I may change my mind on this when I get more comfortable with the Cintiq.

Anywho, here is an early color painting test for documentation heh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh cool you got one! how do you like it craig?